måndag 25 februari 2019

Lokaltidningen tipsar. / The local newspaper gives a tip.



Artikel i tidningen. Idag är det bara 3 dagar kvar att se min utställning.


English:

Coming soon....  !

An article in the local newspaper. Today is only 3 days left of my exhibiton. Most of you from abroad, but also for all of you in Sweden that will find it impossible to reach Landskrona in time for the end of the exhibiton.


"A few questions for Christian Eldstig, art teacher, currently having an exhibition at the city library up until February 28th.

Who are you?

C: I live in Landskrona, 42 years of age and currently working as an art teacher in Helsingborg. As long as I remember I have been doing pictures. All children draw, I was one of those who continued until adulthood. 1997-1999 I did an art-course in Nässjö. There I got the tools for painting. But it's really in the mid-2000's that my painting and creating images really has taken flight. I have also done some occasionly substitute work at the Cultural School in drama. Both art and theatre are currently quite big parts of my life, I am also a member of the Landskrona-based theatre group Theatre Punch.

Earlier I have helped Father Christmas outside of Mora for over 6 years. It has left its marks for sure. I am brought up in Edsbyn, Helsingia, but have lived in Landskrona since 2008. The closeness to everything here is unbeatable. Most things are at a walking-distance, I really like that. Each Spring the ocean by Lill-Olas just as magical as it is every year, it never really gets "old". For me, having been brought up in the south-west inland of Norrland, it is still exotic.

What are you putting out on display at the library?

C: My paintings here are mostly emotive, which means they are created more from impulses and feelings rather than realism. And then there is also symbolism involved., I like to play around with that stuff. Symbolic expressions are powerful and speak to people in different ways. For example, "The Seasonal Tree" is loaded with symbolism. Sort of like, everything turns in seasons; nature, friendships, employments, relations, life... Other paintings, such as "The Yuletide Troll", is more like fun with colours and also the cover for my upcoming children's book.

What does being an artist give you?

C: Art for me is life. All art is crucial for humans in order to feel good. Personally, for me, it's my get-away time in my everyday-life hamster-wheel. It's really quite satisfying to see your vision gradually come alive on a canvas. It is also easy to lose yourself in "the zone" and the next thing you know, you look at the time and it has been 3 hours already! And sometimes I have made use of my art to process things, just like some people use writing to clear their soul. Other times it is just wonderful to put some odd colours on a canvas, just for the sake of it. It's a hobby that sometimes generates a certain income. Having some of my painting being sold sort of confirms that I am the right path.



Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar